NMM: Christmas Tunes

Photo: Chris White It's December, which means it's time again for my special "New Music Monday" profiles...Christ...

Photo: Chris White

It's December, which means it's time again for my special "New Music Monday" profiles...Christmas style!

This week, I'm featuring a very cool take of the classic "O Holy Night." This is one of my favorite religious Christmas tunes and the artist I'm featuring, Shane Harper, definitely did it justice. If you recognize this guy, you may have seen him on television shows such as Good Luck Charlie and Awkward as well as films such as God's Not Dead and The Passion, among others. But Harper's talent is not limited to acting. He's also a singer/songwriter, with his music racking up millions of streams.

Fresh off the release of his debut project under major label, Capitol Records, Harper has also released his take on "O Holy Night" which I'm focusing on for this profile. "O Holy Night" has been recorded and spun in countless ways throughout the years. However, I don't believe I've ever heard a version like Harper's - and that's a good thing! His version begins with only his vocal and a few background vocals. Later on, an electronic beat kicks in on top of the vocals. What listeners receive is a simple, powerful and elegant take on one of the most iconic Christmas songs in history.

Have a listen to it below!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

I've Moved!

You'll be redirected to the new site in a few seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit reflectcw.com/blog.