NMM: Coldplay

Photo: Chris White I, traditionally, do not feature artists that are more established in the industry but, since Super Bowl 50 is this ...

Photo: Chris White
I, traditionally, do not feature artists that are more established in the industry but, since Super Bowl 50 is this week, I figured I should feature the band that'll be headlining the big game's halftime festivities.

I guess you can say that Coldplay really doesn't need an introduction. The band was formed in 1998 at the University College of London when frontman, Chris Martin, teamed up with Jon Buckland, according to a biography on Rolling Stone. The duo was, according to RS, joined by drummer Will Champion and bassist Guy Berryman later on. The quartet played its first shows as "the Coldplay" and released a series of singles and EP projects leading up to its debut, Parachutes, in 2002. In my view, Coldplay's 2008 tune "Viva La Vida" put the band on the map. I mean, that was the first tune I really liked. That song hit No. 1 on the charts and earned Coldplay a Grammy for Song of the Year in 2009.

Now, seven Grammys - and several other awards - later, the guys are back with their seventh album, entitled A Head Full of Dreams. This latest project features the tune "Adventure of a Lifetime" that already promises to be a big hit. The album also includes a heartfelt ballad "Everglow" which discusses the warmth you may feel while reflecting on a past relationship, friendship, what have you. These two songs alone are worth buying the album and I'm sure that you'll be able to hear some of the new tunes when the band plays the halftime show at Super Bowl 50 on Sunday.

Have a listen to "Adventure of a Lifetime" and be sure to get the new album on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play or wherever you get your music.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

I've Moved!

You'll be redirected to the new site in a few seconds.

If that doesn't happen, please visit reflectcw.com/blog.